Monday, October 31, 2011

10.31.11

I had lofty intentions this month.


I wanted to meditate every day. Fail. I made it a full week and then fizzled out.


I wanted to maintain my level of fitness throughout pregnancy. Pass: I did three hours at Spin for the Cure, kept up my training for the Thanksgiving Day Race, and sought help for some lifting issues. Fail: I spent too much time focused on that, and not enough on my kid.


I wanted to tend to neglected relationships. Pass: I'm feeling positive about those connections I've made again. Fail: See above fitness Fail.


I wanted to get our finances into shape, so that we can start on that dream house. Pass. But it will continue to be a work-in-progress. The good news is that it's becoming less of a dream, and more of a reality.


I thought it was important that I keep myself accountable to you, dear reader. 


One final note on this Halloween. I think Halloween and trick-or-treating builds healthy communities. We don't get many ghosts and goblins at our house, but the ones that we do are always followed by parents and wagons (and beer!). There's always an exchange of greetings and pleasantries, and laughs about costumes and cuteness. 


I know there are plenty of neighborhoods with firepits in the cul-de-sacs, s'mores for the kids and (more beer!) for the adults. 


And at a time when communities are so often divided, I was just contemplating this evening about how Halloween does good things. Really, it's the kick-off to the more joyous, giving season.


That said, November's intention is...







No comments:

Post a Comment