Friday, October 14, 2011

10.14.11

Random thoughts on health.

  • A former co-worker and gal I coached with has two of the most beautiful adopted children in the whole world. One had surgery today--he's not quite a year old, and although her updates make him appear he's doing well, I'm sending very speedy recovery wishes to the little guy. And sanity wishes to mom.
  • Threw a little dinner party tonight in honor of my dad's birthday, and I had to make a vegetarian gluten-free meal. I can handle the vegetarian part, but the gluten-free threw me for a loop. I have a facebook friend with this great gluten free blog of her original recipes, so if you are one of those G-Free folks, check it out. 
  • I think all four of our animals have fleas. This is going to make for a pet health focused weekend. 
  • I purchased a tub of cookie dough through one of our school's various fundraisers. It was Otis Spunkmeyer Strawberry Shortcake--a sugar cookie with white chocolate chips and dried bits of strawberry--and they came pre-portioned. Sadly, I gave the whole tub and the ones I've already baked to my little sister tonight. They did not make this baby happy, er, they made mom sick. It's a shame because they were freaking delicious.
  • Tomorrow presents us with absolutely nothing on our calendar. It will be the most amazing mental health Saturday I've had in weeks. Cheers. To. That.

No comments:

Post a Comment