Sunday, October 30, 2011

10.30.11

I should have taken the healthier, less-stress approach to Will's Halloween costume this year.


In fact, as I've perused Facebook the last few days, I have thought many times, "Why didn't we just go to Old Navy and buy him a (insert adorable animal) costume?" After all, there are only so many years left of adorable animal costumes until he becomes too cool to be an elephant with floppy ears.


Instead, I took the homemade route.


I just spent the afternoon purchasing printable iron on fabric, figuring out how to make my printer print a mirror image, finding a suitable surface on which to iron the printed fabric to a shirt (my cheese board ended up the winner), and finally, splitting red duct tape in half to tape down the sides of Will's pants.


Ah yes, Will is Murray Wiggle.


And the best part is that when we tell people who he is, and when I eventually post a photo of Will in his getup, it is inevitable we hear, "Who's that?" 




That's him. 


Yep, for Halloween Will is a middle-aged Australian man who calls himself a "Wiggle" and entertains children with songs like "Hot Potato."


But with this guitar phase, and the Wiggles being his most favorite--and Murray Wiggle is the guitarist!--I can't help but dress him up in something he is somewhat proud to be.


Oh who am I kidding. Like all of our toddlers, in ten years they'll look at those photos and in some crackly tween voice declare that costume the gayest costume ever. And yes, they'll use "gay"--not without lecture, of course.


I'm totally making him a fluffy bunny next year.



No comments:

Post a Comment