Monday, October 10, 2011

10.10.11

Confessions of a pregnant lady.

  1. For lunch today, I had two pieces of cake. Each bite was delicious. Each piece was washed down with a couple of Tums.
  2. Not only did I have coffee this morning, but I had a Mountain Dew this afternoon. I'm not concerned that it may have been too much. I feel like I at least chose caffeine over, say, something like an entire bottle of wine, so it was a good, healthy decision.
  3. I wore a skirt with an elastic waist band, and I still wasn't comfortable today. It might, in effect, be time to break out maternity pants tomorrow, and I am SO not okay with it. Why? 
  4. Upon picking up my son at KidsFit at the gym, he threw a toy back into the room as he ran out the door. A mom dropping her own son off, stood there and stared at me, as though I were the worst. Mom. EVER. I finally caught her eye, and she says, "Well don't look at me." Really? Because your kid is perfect? And then in true pregnancy hormone fashion, I said to Greg once she was out of earshot, "..." well, I can't repeat it on the blog. Let's just say it wasn't very yogi like.
  5. For dessert, I had a spoonful of that delicious Biscoff-in-a-jar. The healthy part of this is that I stopped after a spoonful, and did not consume the rest of the jar.
  6. A few times today, people felt the need to discuss with me how your feet can grow when you are pregnant. No, this did not happen to me with Will, and as these various people told me their Bigfoot feet growing stories, I cried a little on the inside. The thought of not wearing my purple suede ruffle-heeled shoes is just too much. So please, no more talk of Sasquatch feet.
  7. When you ask me how many weeks I am, I round up to the next one. Just know that when you ask. It's like pressing "speed bake" on my oven. 
  8. Yep, I'll let you know what we're having. Nope, not gonna tell you the name. When I know what the name is, you'll know, and you can stop holding your breath and hoping I'll cave because it won't be until the peanut is here!

No comments:

Post a Comment