Saturday, October 8, 2011

10.8.11

So I posted photos this morning from the Spin for the Cure event. It was, without a doubt, a phenomenal experience, and while I'm incredibly humbled by the whole event (um, it was hard), I was also filled with pride for doing it, and lasting as long as I did (for the record, I don't know that I could have done all four hours. My legs were cramping and after four bottles of water and a bathroom that was up two flights of stairs, the fourth hour seemed far too long).


There were four different instructors, one for each hour, and the first instructor did a tremendous job of focusing us mentally. I spent the first fifteen minutes in a meditative mindset. I closed my eyes and practiced that loving kindness meditation, sending it to all those affected with breast cancer, ones I know, ones that were in the room, and everyone else.


I have to give credit to my healthy habits and ways to my dad, who turns 59 today. He has always encouraged me to be athletic (even though I will never play soccer--ever--again), to be active and to stay healthy--not just physically but he's always looked out for my emotional well-being. So dad, happy happy happy birthday! And thanks. I'll toast you tonight with the enormous Terry's burger my body cannot wait to consume. 

No comments:

Post a Comment