Wednesday, October 5, 2011

10.5.11

Two things brought me the highest of happiness today.


1. Greg was declared to be in tremendous health. Whatever has plagued him for the last month is on its way out of his system and we have literally nothing to worry about. His procedure went perfectly, and the stories he told in the recovery room (sometimes six times) were hilarious. I'm not sure I can fully express how relieved I am, although, if you ever stop to imagine life without your spouse, I suppose that says it all. I look forward to years and years and years--healthy ones--with him.


2. My mom sent me the most amazing delicious treat in a jar today. Ever had those Biscoff cookies on airplanes? Apparently they make a Biscoff cookie spread--it is literally happiness in a jar, and while Greg slept off his sedation, I attacked that jar like it was my job. I have never seen it here in Cincinnati, so Cincinnati readers, if you've seen it, point me in the right direction! Otherwise, I'll be stocking up when in NJ! That or my mom's postal fund is going to need to grow! And to make it blog relevant, this stuff is not healthy. At all. I didn't even look at the label. I can taste it. And I'm totally okay with that.


My yin and my yang, healthy and unhealthy, and the source of my happiness today.





1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty sure that I just saw that at the Kroger on Montgomery in Blue Ash. Next time I'm there I'll double check.

    ReplyDelete