Friday, October 7, 2011

10.7.11

Seven straight days of meditation make you slightly more peaceful. That's gotta be good for your health.


So although I wasn't surprised to catch Will in this little moment of respite, it took my breath away...gave me goosebumps...melted my heart.


As we've been doing every afternoon this week with this incredible weather, we spent our post-work/post-daycare time in the backyard. Today I left the back door open and Will was running in and out. I was answering some emails on my phone, and when I looked up, I saw this.




Little man, sitting in half lotus on a peaceful afternoon in the middle of nature, looking at family photos, in an album with this quote on the front of it:


Praise bright blue skies and dark rain clouds. Lift happy voices upon the morning air. Murmur sweet words softly in the evening breeze. Be present in all things and thankful for all things. 
-Maya Angelou


On this day alone I am incredibly grateful for this intention project; for giving myself seven days of training my mind to be still; for setting the healthy example for my son; for being present enough to notice what he was doing, and taking the moment to be the witness.



No comments:

Post a Comment