Tuesday, November 1, 2011

11.1.11

Love.


That's November's intention.


And what's not to love about love? 


I happen to think this time of year is the bee's knees. Thanksgiving is my most favorite holiday, beating out my runners up, Fourth of July and its cookouts and Halloween and its signal that fall is well underway. 


And it's not just the food that makes me love Thanksgiving; it's a home packed full of family and friends, the windows a little steamy from the cool temperatures outside and the bubbly stove on the inside; it's the laughter that emanates from the home, as libations are passed around; it's sitting around the table and declaring our gratitude. It reminds me of coloring pilgrim coloring pages in first grade, when life was simple. It reminds me of falling asleep in a food coma on my mom's lap, but still being able to hear the laughter as I drifted in and out. 


Bottom line: I am madly in love with November, and I look forward to sharing the things and people and life I love--and maybe just plain sharing the love (I think we're due for a giveaway!)--with you. I hope that you'll share back. 


Today I love remembering the little things. Will seemed down and agitated, so I suggested a dance party. Will and I have "songs." I hear them, they remind me of him, and I declare them ours. So I put on one of our songs, he handed me his guitar (so honored!) and he picked up an egg beater and an empty container. We had ourselves quite the jam session. Instant smiles all around. Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment