Saturday, October 29, 2011

10.29.11

I spent part of the afternoon letting go of my past. There were nine boxes containing thirty-one years of childhood memories that it was time to go through. I narrowed it down to two. It was a healthy process. Greg and I laughed. A lot. And I only teared up once.


What struck me as most interesting is what a role Greg played in my past. Nearly every box held some sort of card, or photo, or even diary entries with him in them. We are approaching nine years together, and gosh...nearly twenty years of knowing each other. 


I really just felt kind of lucky.


I spent the rest of the afternoon connecting with my present. Family time at the pool, and now I'll click "publish post" and join my love by the fire (in a non-kinky way). 


Healthy connections, to break and make. Perfect Saturday to do them.

No comments:

Post a Comment