Sunday, May 8, 2011

5.8.11

Dear William,


I get to be honored on this day because of you. Your dad made the most amazing French toast and eggs and facon because of you. I got the most beautiful sun flowers, and a new yoga mat (a student swiped mine--I hope unknowingly--Monday night last week. Losing that mat is like losing a part of me...my energies and "stuff" went right with it!)--because of you! 


You, who woke up so sick yesterday and today, all you wanted was me, as though I held the magic cure in my cuddles to make you feel better. 


You, who is starting to put together sentences, and each one gives me goose bumps. "Thank you, mama." "Mama, you color. Hand mama. You color." "Ok, mama, I try."


You, who provides me with endless entertainment in your silly dancing, silly faces; in the silly way you wiggle your tongue when you're concentrating on building blocks.


You, my little life-changer (although that goes without question); who makes me a more patient person; who is teaching me that perfection is overrated; who makes saying "no" to extra work, overwhelming projects, and added responsibilities so easy; who makes crawling around on the floor pushing dump trucks so fun; who says "love you" and makes my heart swell until I truly think I am going to burst, filled to the brim with what can only be described as the knowledge deep within my soul that I am supposed to be your mom. 


Blessed. Lucky. Loved. Fulfilled. At peace. I will continue to live this life knowing that you have been the best addition to it. 


Love you.
Mom


Happy Mother's Day to my sweet blog readers who are lucky enough to bear that title...and to all the future bearers. To my own mom...and her mom...to the "moms" that take on the title in every aspect without the bloodline connection...the world is lucky to have all of you. 


As an addendum, to my mom in particular: this weekend has been trying. All Will wants is "mama"! It takes me back to days of warm Jell-o and Triaminic and the best cure of all--cuddling with you. I'll eat up every one of those cuddles, as I'm sure you did with me. I keep blinking and he keeps growing, and those cuddles will become fewer and far between.











1 comment: