Saturday, May 7, 2011

5.7.11

Although I'm not entirely sure where this day ran off to so quickly, I do know where it ended.


Dining room table. Peanut butter and jelly and an apple for Will; experimental pizza for us.


I say "experimental" because, well, I kind of made it up. 


Using some of our co-op veggies, and Greg's whole wheat pizza crust, here's what we came up with...


Roast a container of cherry tomatoes and 8 cloves of peeled garlic tossed in olive oil and kosher salt for 20 minutes at 400 degrees. Place roasted tomatoes and garlic in a bowl and use a hand masher to break the two down into more of a sauce. Spread onto prepared crust. 


On top of sauce, I put caramelized red onions, with--the kicker experimental ingredient--slices of cucumber sauteed with the onions for about 5 minutes. No, it didn't taste like pickles. It just tasted...good! Ever had broccoli on pizza? That's what I would liken it to.


I sliced some herb-crusted goat cheese for the top, and the pie baked at 500 for 10 minutes. 


With a Tap Room ale, it was a dinner that will certainly live a long life on our go-to pizza list.

1 comment: