Wednesday, May 25, 2011

5.25.11

Exhausted.


The house is buzzing like hornets in a nest. People are rushing past us, asking for light bulbs, looking for screws, sweeping, dusting, drilling, staging.


We are crammed into our playroom. 


Greg is here.


I'm on the futon with what are either accessories that haven't been put into the room yet, or accessories that didn't make the cut. 


The living room, dining room, and laundry room aren't viable options to hang in, as is evidenced here. Notice the lack of people: they are all scrambling in our bedroom. 






So no, we haven't seen the finished space yet. We haven't a clue as to what anything looks like (except the closet as we did a shoot in there today). 


I'm so tired and overwhelmed, I will probably be that girl who cries. Cue music, cue hug, cue covering my face and rendering myself speechless.


And with that, I'm getting the motion that it's time. 


This experience is nearly finished. The unbelievably pleasant memory of it will last. The kindness of the crew and hosts and contractors will stay with us; the sure beauty of our space will remind us of that.


(Due to contracts we signed with the network, I will not be able to post any photos of the space until after our episode airs, sometime in September.)



1 comment:

  1. Uh - the suspense! Hope you're happy with the results!!

    ReplyDelete