Tuesday, May 17, 2011

5.17.11

I just came home, covered in pizza sauce and goldfish cracker crumbs, after spending an evening with some of my oldest coworkers and a woman who is by far the world's greatest boss (only she's not my boss anymore, but she's still the greatest). Will was there, too. He was responsible for the pizza sauce. I'll blame the goldfish crumbs on the boss lady. :o)


I can gloat on this perfect boss another day. 


Tonight I need to gloat on a coworker, so I think I'll do an open letter. I'll keep it short.


Dear friend,
I am amazed at your reaction to the actions taken in the last 7 days. I wasn't sure I would see a day when you were upbeat and positive about the changes being made--I for sure didn't think I'd see it this soon. 


You are now proof that attitude makes all the difference in the world. Again--it's not what happens to you; it's your reaction to what happens to you. You've chosen to go with it, to accept that change is inevitable, and often times, it's good. Maybe even great. 


Carry this experience with you throughout your career--throughout your life. File it away, reference it when you need to, and offer it up to those you see struggling. You will shine; you are shining. 


P.S. Congratulations to Suzi, Grant, and Marci on winning this month's giveaways! Stay tuned for more prizes in June!



No comments:

Post a Comment