Saturday, May 21, 2011

5.21.11

I received an email from a friend yesterday afternoon.


As she transfers her family from Ohio to Arkansas, she was struggling with the best way to house hunt with her almost two-year-old boy. 


She chose an option that kept her home one more night with her little guy, with plans to leave first thing in the morning.


As fate would have it, in the middle of this "one more night," her son's tonsils had swollen to a point at which his airway was blocked and he had a seizure. 


She wrote: 


For me, it is a terrifying and beautiful testimony that God puts you where he can take care of you. I think the yogis say 'you're exactly where you need to be.'

My son is okay, will be okay, with no long term damage from this seizure, but it could have gone so differently if I had stubbornly kept to my plan like I typically do. So the take away after this long story? Sometimes its the people we surround ourselves with, sometimes it's the lifestyle we choose, sometimes it's a job we love. But sometimes it just isn't in our control, and longevity is a blessing or a gift from God so precious that we can't help but be in total awe. 



Yes, sometimes longevity is a blessing, and my sweet friend has truly been blessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment