Sunday, May 29, 2011

5.29.11

I don't know about you, blog reader, but this three-day weekend is completely restoring my sanity. 


Per my declaration in this post, we made a trip to Findlay Market this morning. Needless to say, I think, it will become a weekly family outing.


We picked up some flowers for a birthday bash tonight...


...and some cheese for the fête as well...


...and then indulged in some Belgian waffles--which were beyond my expectations and deliriously delicious. 



Findlay reminded me of my most favorite market in the world (literally), La Boqueria in Barcelona (which I'm so excited to go to again in a few weeks). Of course it was a fraction of the size of La Boqueria, but it still had that same vibe: cool people doing cool things in their cool city. The fresh meats and cheese; the gooey baked goods; the gelato and coffee and locally grown produce; the colorful chalkboards declaring salads and dishes of the day--forget the tastes and smells. The vendors were beautiful to look at!


As we got into the car to come home, Greg looked at me and said, "How did it take us 31 years to come down here?" 


It's no one's fault but our own. The answer: I don't know, but we hope to be back, again and again, for years to come. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, we ALMOST went there today. But I wanted to go with Derek and he just got home at 3 form a bike trip with his dad. Gone since Friday. But I've NEVER been. I know, it's insane. What have I been waiting for? We're going there soon - for sure. Glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susi, we should meet down there one Sunday! The kids will love it--the waffles are seriously to die for. :o) Lots of Sundays in the summer--let's pick one!

    ReplyDelete