Tuesday, May 10, 2011

5.10.11

Tonight I needed a calculator.


The only one within reach was this one.


Purchased in 1995 for 10th grade geometry with Mrs. Graff, there's even a pink dinosaur sticker on it...from 1995...from a quiz about zebra-striped and polka-dot triangles that I did exceptionally well on.


Nope, math has never been my forte, which is why Mrs. Graff was so appealing to me. Zebra stripes and polka dots? Count me in! I'll find the area of a triangle any day!


Sweet lady that she was, there were always rumors that the funny mark on her arm was a removed tattoo from when she was in a concentration camp as a young girl. 


If that were, in fact, true (and there are always rumors about teachers), I'd say her resiliency, her longevity, is inspiring.


True or not, I'd say Mrs. Graff outlasted the odds. 


Kind of like my calculator. 

1 comment:

  1. I still use my TI-85 (with stickers on it from Mrs. Miller's pre-cal class) to balance my checkbook once a week. Im pretty sure its capable of so much more-like taking Mr. Riehle's physics tests, but sadly I can remember nothing. I think it would be used more if it still had Tetris on it. Darn you Riehle for clearing memory before tests!

    ReplyDelete