Wednesday, May 4, 2011

5.4.11

Things that contributed to a good, happy (although if I keep it up with the pastries, probably not a long) life today...

  • French pastries at 9 a.m. My kids brought in croissants, eclairs, creme puffs, pain au chocolat, and chocolate mousse. If you can't indulge at 9 a.m., when can you indulge?
  • Reading this. Reflecting. And realizing that I really do feel healthy outside and in.
  • Teaching yoga. Guiding intentions for healthy bodies and minds.
  • Grilled cheese and soup for dinner (and a beer!). My husband makes a killer grilled cheese. We've had this Wednesday night meal for probably an entire year.
  • Choosing to overlook the drudgery, rain, meetings, everything else that could have potentially brought me down. It is absolutely amazing to me the power of choosing your reaction to what is handed to you. I choose to acknowledge, and then move on. Life is too short to dwell on the ick, too grand to not revel in the good.

No comments:

Post a Comment