Thursday, May 19, 2011

5.19.11

Inspiration comes in many forms.


No one knows how long this life will be; all we can do is make the best of the time we are here. 


Tonight was our last meeting before this year's trip to Europe. The countdown is on: 25 days!


I've truly had all kinds of people join me on this trip...grandparents who have poor taste in shoes (actually, I was home pregnant for that trip, but my good friend dealt with her in my place, sightseeing stop at the ER and all), people who enjoy fanny packs, students who buy too many souvenirs, people who whine, people who buy me wine, and all kinds of folks in between.


This year I have a mom who is shaving her head next week before she has her first chemo treatment for the breast cancer she had surgery on two weeks ago. She will be packing and swim suit shopping and wig shopping. 


When she was diagnosed with breast cancer two months ago, she had a choice: stop life, stop living, and focus on getting better. Or she could let life go on, keep living, and focus on getting better. 


Her prognosis is good; her attitude is even better, and I can't wait to show this courageous woman a place like Paris. 

No comments:

Post a Comment