Monday, February 28, 2011

2.28.11

First and foremost, happy happy 7.75 years to my favorite leap year baby! I hope you find 31 to be...comfortable. :o)


Don't you love it when the Universe sends you signs? 


Like my yoga friend, Suzi. She might be moving to London, and while her husband is over there checking things out, she found an apartment online that she really liked. 


Upon his House Hunters International search, he found that on the same street is not one but two yoga studios, a park for their soon-to-be family of four, and a train station with a direct line to his maybe new job.


Hello Universe. Thank you for speaking. 


So tonight, I was not very comfortable with the yoga class I taught. I'm okay saying it out loud to the blog world because a.) I know I'm not first instructor to think that and b.) Just because I thought it was awful doesn't mean someone didn't get something amazing out of it. 


So I'm driving home, kinda-sorta-okay-really beating myself up about it (one girl didn't even wait for savasana!), and the most pertinent song comes on the radio...not once...twice. 


You're so mean...when you talk...about yourself...you were wrong
Change the voices...in your head...make them like you instead
So complicated...look happy...you'll make it


Hello Universe. Thank you for speaking. And thanks for channeling those words through Pink. She's pretty rad. But the video for this song is disturbing and made me cry.


My last little bit of comfort wisdom I think I'll need to take an extra big dose of: change your thoughts. Let them be good, comforting, and pleasant. As soon as the thoughts change, as soon as you stop dwelling on all of the ugh, the ick, the unpleasant, the negative, the uncomfortable--the sooner your outlook on life will change. And when you dwell on positive things, you only invite the positive into your life.


February's month of comfort is now complete. I'm so excited about the intention for March, which is...







1 comment:

  1. My sweet little niece has recently begun to say, "stop focusing on the un-positives"
    So simple....so true!

    ReplyDelete