Monday, February 21, 2011

2.21.11

So my initial post this evening was about how annoyed I was that we didn't have power. 

I take electricity for granted. Too much. 

I had to delete it after doing a just-won-the-Super-Bowl dance when the lights came back on. 

Although it's important that you, dear blog reader, know how much of a whiny wuss I am when it comes to things like that, I had bigger fish to fry for tonight's post, and now I can do just that. 

Tonight's post is an open letter (again). It applies to all, but my message is directed at one person in particular. I hope each of you sweet blog readers can take something away from it.

Dear Beautiful Friend,

Today you told me that your life was empty, void of things that filled you with joy, moments to make your heart swell, and experiences to brighten your world.

And with you, I cried. But my words of comfort can only go so far.

Divine intervention was needed!!

Miraculous things seem to happen to me at the yogahOMe Oakley studio; realizations come and emotions swell and beauty unfolds. Maybe the space is just that sacred. Maybe it's because I married a beautiful person there. Or maybe I just invite these moments in. 

One of these moments happened this evening, Beautiful Friend, and I believe it happened for me to pass on to you.

My spiritual friend, Vijay, was waiting when I walked in. I haven't seen him in almost a year, and I pulled him in for a tight hug as he squeezed my cheeks and told me I need to eat more (and since this morning people thought I was pregnant (I'll just think it's because I was glowing) his urging me to fill myself with food was welcome).

He poured me a cup of this delicious chai tea he makes, and we started to talk, not about anything in particular really, but our conversation led him to this statement:

"People want to fill an empty cup with holy water and drink from it. They want good things in their lives, and luck and prosperity from the water. But you have a cup of tea there. You can't just pour the holy water into your tea. You have to empty it out first. Sometimes bad things need to happen before the good can come."

I don't believe I could say it better.

Beautiful Friend, empty your cup. It's begging to be filled again, and this time it will be with good. I promise, the Universe promises. 

Love love love love love.
Kristin

A hot shower and warm pajamas are calling. :o) Sweet sweet dreams. 




No comments:

Post a Comment