Tuesday, March 1, 2011

3.1.11

Success.

That's the intention for March. 

I could have gone with the green "Luck" candle, but I figure I'll save that for another month, namely because I'm not Irish, and I dislike being that predictable. :o)

So during this month of intending success, like all intentions, it can mean numerous things: celebrating my own personal successes and that of others; acknowledging failures and learning from them; helping other people to be successful, and maybe biting our tongues so that we don't point out when they're not. 

To succeed could be winning, gaining, lifting up, finding, knowing. To fail could be losing, breaking, forgetting, missing. And most importantly, all of those things are interchangeable. Perhaps breaking something in order to find what we were looking for? Epic win. Success.

I think I'd like to avoid phrases like "epic fail" and "epic win" during this month. I'll intend on it, but I foresee it being a nice clincher at times from a writing perspective.

Here's the thing I'd like to do this month: I want YOU, dear blog reader, to contribute to this blog. Be guest bloggers, if you will. 

I (and the blog community that is the approximate 50 people who read this regularly according to my blog tracker) want to hear about what you are working to achieve. I (we) want to celebrate the big (and little) victories with you and push you back up if you happen to slide the other direction. I know lots of you blog readers are working on things that are tough stuff to get through: running first marathons, getting clean (and I ain't talking Ivory in the shower), getting unstuck, moving on, losing weight, rebuilding lives, becoming parents. Your stuff is more inspirational than anything I could put here.

I encourage you to do this in whatever capacity you feel most comfortable. You can be anonymous, or we can bold face underline italiscize your name in very large font. You can do a whole post, or maybe just share something you need a little bit of support on. 

I'm going to ask that you email me your submissions at kristin.kauffman@yahoo.com.

This little project will be deemed a success if I get just one of you to participate. That, blog friends, will be an epic win. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment