Thursday, February 10, 2011

2.10.11

Sometimes the best comfort is your mom.

I got to talk to her tonight--not on Skype and not while following Will around the house with the laptop so they can see him--and it was just so nice to...well, talk!

A few months ago, Tulip (our youngest dog) dragged my most favorite Anthropologie dress into her crate and ate it. The dress is the epitome of comfort: pockets, a cut that is forgiving on bloated days, and a neutral navy color that goes well with everything. I even wore it for our rehearsal dinner! Conveniently, she ate half the collar in a nice clean rip, but then she also chewed enormous holes in the skirt of the dress.

After months--literally--of emailing a fabric seller on etsy (hbfabrics--go--you won't be disappointed!), receiving sample after sample in the mail, I finally picked a fabric that I thought could be used to sort of patch up the dress.

Anyway, my mom, an incredible seamstress (who made my prom dress one year), worked her magic and the dress arrived today, looking shiny and sparkly and just as comfortable as before. I'm so excited for spring to break it out and wear it again! And now that I have it in person, this photo doesn't do the work my mom did justice--it's phenomenal!


Many thank yous and hugs and love across the country to my wonderful, talented mom. 

1 comment: