Tuesday, February 1, 2011

2.1.11

Comfort.

That's February's intention. 

It seemed like a good month for it, seeing as it's the last full month of winter, and snowpocalypse is coming down on half the country. I also can see a cheeseball side of it. I think I bought a book in college called "A Cup of Comfort for the Woman's Soul." I promise you, the blog will not turn into will still be tears and cocoa and mushy moments of heart warming realizations. 

I think "comfort" can be a lot of things this month.

Comfort foods. Feeling uncomfortable--or not. Moving outside of our comfort zones. Providing comfort to someone who needs it, and accepting it from others when we do. Comfortable relationships, shoes, and couches. And just the opposite of all of those: relationships that need to end (like the one I currently have with cheese), shoes that kill my feet (I just ordered a pair today thank you shoefab.com: purple suede open-toed pumps with ruffles on the heels. Wait, pumps? Who am I, Melanie Griffith in "Working Girl"? Or a pair of Nikes with the pump on the tongue? You're welcome for that trip down memory lane.), and couches as uncomfortable as ours is.

And tonight, I leave you with a sick kid who found some comfort today with his two best buds.




No comments:

Post a Comment