Friday, February 18, 2011

2.18.11

Happy Birthday Lucy. :o)


Tonight, in honor of her very first day in the world, I toasted her over a surprise date with my husband. (No really, I did; I ordered a Blue Moon, since she was born during a full moon, and I took the first sip in her honor!)


I got a sitter, and took Greg out. No bath time, no dishes, no Toy Story over and over again, no magnetic ABCs. Just us, dinner, The King's Speech, and lots and lots and lots of comfortable conversation. 


After briefly skimming over the unimportant work details of the day, we discussed the latest books we are reading side by side at night (The Omnivore's Dilemma for me; an Anthony Bourdain memoir for him); we toasted our April trip to San Diego that was set in stone today; and cuddled (I know--sweet and lame) at the movies--no dogs, no little one, just us (I suppose bed bugs could have been with us).


Just a comfortable start to what will surely be a whirlwind weekend. 


Once more...welcome to the world Lucy!

No comments:

Post a Comment