Monday, February 14, 2011

2.14.11

As the day has worn on, I have bounced from idea to idea about what today's blog post should contain.


My disdain for a Hallmark holiday? 


There. Said it. 


I love my husband, I love my son, and I love my friends and family. I would hope that the things I do and say on ordinary days convey how much I care, and I would also hope that money spent (or that I didn't spend) on cards, flowers, dinners and chocolates don't amplify (or detract from) that love.


Which leads me to what I settled on for tonight's blog post. :o)


How much do you love you?


How comfortable are you saying that you love _____ about yourself?


I'm not talking about egotistical love. I'm talking about comfort in your skin (and that phrase always reminds me of Jessica Simpson circa 2004ish and her song about chicken of the sea and being in love with Nick Lachey...here, this one).  


How many times a day do you wish you had thinner _____? How many people do you look at and envy their _____? If you are at yoga, or the gym, how many times to you compare yourself to others?


Do you ever wish you had a different car? Job? House? Spouse? Life? 


How much do you love you?


I arrived at the studio extra early today. I had some time to goof around and practice. I put on this amazing acoustic version of Marron 5's She Will Be Loved, and I sat on my mat. The most amazing thing was happening right then and there: the SUN was shining through the windows. Although it's February still, I didn't have to turn on the lights as soon as I walked in. I smiled wide and even laughed a little because I was so in love with that moment. 


But it wasn't just the moment. I was in love with everything about me and my life in that moment. 


I'm not being egotistical here. I am comfortable celebrating the fact that I am comfortable in my skin, that I have arrived at a time in my life where I compare myself to others less and less, that jealousy is beginning to fade. My contentment in each and every moment outweighs my judgments and malcontent. 


My goal in telling you all of this is for you to sit right here in this moment and love it for what it is. Dear, sweet blog reader. The universe revels in you and adores you and wants you to be happy. Are you? Can you smile right now this second and just soak it all in, love everything about yourself, breathe in confidence and bask in the glow of self-love?


Love yourself. Right now. Even if it's just in this moment. 


This moment begins something wonderful. 



3 comments:

  1. Sing it sister!! And then sing it AGAIN! Oh girl I LOVE YOU.... I LOVE ME... I LOVE LIVING!!
    (and not to mention a certain zitty, stinky pre-teen is re-locating on Friday of THIS week!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. adios mr. MM!! yahooo!! ;o) oh that makes ANY moment leading up to friday THAT MUCH BETTER! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes you just need to see something. Sitting, smiling, and appreciating myself, my life, and you for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete