Saturday, July 2, 2011

7.2.11

So, I'm giving myself an enormous pat on the back tonight.


There was a backyard project that Greg and I have been putting off...and off...and off...and last weekend, if you'll recall, I chose to start it.


Resetting the patio pavers has been a week-long project, mainly because Greg and I have had five of these conversations:


Me: How many more bags of sand do you think we'll need?
Greg: Six.
Me: Okay, I'll buy six.


Since we had that conversation five times, well, do the math...30 bags of sand later (and one very nice guy in a Lexus who earned good karma points when he pulled into the parking spot next to me, got out, loaded my car for me, and then drove off), this project is finished!


What makes me so excited about it, is how green it was--environmentally friendly (minus the five trips to Home Depot for sand), and pocketbook friendly. We reused the same patio pavers, turning a lot of them over for a new look. We changed up their pattern, so the look is new to us. We even reused the lumber surrounding the patio, just lifted and leveled it. And the stone surrounding the fire pit is from our own backyard, taken several years ago when we excavated it.


There's still a bit more to do--a gravel path is going to extend from the patio back through our gardens (I'm thinking it's very Versailles). 


But you no longer trip, rock, or roll down the patio. It's level and lovely and having family over tonight to enjoy it, well, it all filled me up. :o)







1 comment:

  1. I wish I had half the interest in outdoor projects that you do!

    ReplyDelete