Monday, July 25, 2011

7.25.11

You know, you have this reserve of energy, and you should be very particular about who you expose yourself to. Some people are energy vacuums, and deplete you of your good, radiant positivity. 


But there are others who just light up, and in turn light you up, and fill you with knowledge and inspiration and maybe even a little bit of peace. 


I know a yogi who is such a person, and I don't get to see her nearly enough. But when I do, she always provides me with gems--diamonds really--of knowledge that leave me inspired for a long time.


I had the pleasure of seeing her twice last week, and at one point we got to talking about her daughter, Anna, who has Down Syndrome. 


She shared the following story last Wednesday, and it hasn't left me. I've shared it with a few of you already, but thought I'd put it out to my dear readers. 


Before Anna was born, my yogini friend knew that there was a chance she could have Down Syndrome. She decided to go ahead with the amniocentesis test. 


However, as the doctor was inserting the needle, Anna's hand kept reaching out for it. It was too much of a risk, and the test was unable to be completed.


"Divine Intervention," she called it. 


My friend knew, test or no test, that she was going to receive a very special child, "baked with a little extra sugar," she said. 


And into this world came Anna, her little spiritual guru. 


When Anna was in first grade, she was sitting at home with her mom and her dad. She kept yelling, "Go Home! Go Home!"


"But you are home, Anna. What is it you need? Where do you want to go?" they asked her.


"Go Home!" she persisted.


A few weeks later, my friend realized that perhaps Anna wanted to go home, to the Heavens that she came from. She had, after all, prayed for Anna. 


Anna is now almost twelve. Last week, my friend found a painting Anna had done back in the first grade. She had always meant to have it framed, and did just that. It was rather celestial: a beautiful night sky, perhaps the sun and moon, maybe a star. 


First, she showed it to Anna. 


"Do you remember this picture you painted Anna?" she asked her.


Anna replied, "Yep. Home Sweet Home." 



2 comments:

  1. Oh, wow. I did not know that story until now. This reminds me of an old card I have somewhere that has a quote, something like "It is a blessing to be loved by those so fresh from God". It is by Mary Englebreit(sp?). Someone else may have seen it and remember the quote verbatim?

    So touched by this extra insight into Anna's world. My friend has definitely been blessed by one so "fresh from God AND baked with an extra touch of sweetness".

    ReplyDelete