Wednesday, July 13, 2011

7.13.11

Family vacations are one of my favorite growing up memories, as I'm sure they are for most people who didn't get car sick, or who weren't forced to sit next to a sibling who did.


Tomorrow, we leave for ours, a few days at my mom's on the beautiful Jersey Shore. Hopefully Snooki keeps her big fur boots far away from our sand castles.


The car is packed with Twizzler's for Greg and I, and Annie's Organic Bunny Crack Snacks (seriously, once you start eating them, you can't stop) for Will. We loaded up on Wiggles DVDs at the library today (in preparation for our big Wiggles Live! Show on Sunday). I've got some Ayurvedic reading to do, and I'm sure we will throw in an alphabet game or two, always getting stuck on the "Q," longing for a Quality Inn or La Quinta to come our way.


I don't have a cool pink cooler like my mom did, full of Tab and chicken salad sandwiches. Nor do I have a portable CD player in which to play my Mariah Carey CD over and over again. My siblings won't be there to call "Captain's Chairs!" and there won't be any GameBoy games to fight over. The Magna Doodle has long been sold at some garage sale, and magnetic checkers and tic-tac-toe have been lost with them. Sour Patch Kids have been replaced by those Twizzler's, but I'm sure there will still be a Goldfish...or 73...on the floor of my car when we arrive.


Yes, those are some of my richest memories.


If you pray, or you meditate, or you just send out good intentions, my family could use a little extra love tonight. We're all okay, but a few extra vibes never hurt. My absolute gratitude in advance. 


Next post will be a few miles from The Situation...



1 comment:

  1. Prayed for your sweet family this morning....good memories and safe travels!

    ReplyDelete