Tuesday, July 12, 2011

7.12.11

I was looking for a little inspiration tonight, so I went to YouTube and typed in "heartwarming video." 


This incredible gem was number two on the list, and it not only warmed my heart, it made me get a bit misty, and led me to tonight's message.




Go ahead. Watch it first. It's not even three minutes.


We're only as wealthy as what we give. What can you do tomorrow as a small random act of kindness that will fill someone's heart with at least a smidge as much as what this guy felt?


I was loading 50 pound bags of sand into the back of my car a few weekends ago. A nice man pulled into the parking spot next to me, said "Let me do that for you," finished loading them, got in his car, and drove off. 


So I paid it forward. I do it as often as I can. I don't need medals and accolades for it. Have you ever seen the smile on someone's face after you randomly make their day? That smile...it's payment enough. It fills me up. It makes my heart and soul wealthy.


I'm thinking that if even five of my blog readers go through their Wednesday tomorrow and do something, well, kind, the world's heart will be that much richer.


Need ideas? Email a friend and tell them how great you think they are; call your mom...or your dad; pick up your significant others' favorite candy; buy the coffee for the guy (or girl) behind you; sit down on the floor and play with your kids (no, really play with your kids--do the voices and the movements and the silly interactions--go all out); smile. Plain and simple.

3 comments:

  1. I'm game.... I will let you know what transpires friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was at a children's shoe store with my boys a few weeks ago and the guy at the counter gave my 3 yr old, Harrison a balloon without helium right before we left. We walked outside and I told Harrison to be careful or else the balloon would blow away. What happened? He let go and the balloon blew away. I started to run after it, but I was holding Harrison's hand and still had a 9 month old in a stroller so I told him it was gone and we would find a get a new balloon sometime soon. I didn't even realize it, but a car drove past and must have seen what happened. He chased down the balloon and brought it back to us. I almost cried because while it seemed so silly, my son was so excited about the balloon. Ever since then, I have really made a big effort to "pay it forward". I agree, something so small can be something so big to someone else! (Jenny Koeppe Randolph)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny, what a sweet story! I would have been a bit misty too! Ah what a sweeter place the world is thanks to folks like him. :) thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete