Sunday, July 24, 2011

7.24.11

The bar is finished! A reminder of what it looked like before...


...and now after!


I ended up buying stainless steel surface-mount door hinges and painting them the same color as the cabinet. I have a feeling that's a design no-no, but the previous owners of this house left me with no other option! The door handles look nice, and you can see in the next photo how I tried to use the countertop and cabinet color (and door handle placement) to sort of flow seamlessly with what we have in the kitchen.


Which brings me to this month's giveaway--congratulations to Rachel and Jen! You BOTH win! Hooray! Please email me (kristin.kauffman@yahoo.com) so we can chat about what you get! 


We did a lot of driving and thunderstorm dodging today to pick up Will's new bed (bonus: it was free!) and although it isn't the style I quite wanted, I'm going to start sanding it down tomorrow. I think with a new stain and the other refinished furniture, it'll end up being great in his new room. I would imagine I could have most of it together by the end of next week, just in time for his second birthday!


Double hooray for saving money! I'll toast this white wine sangria spritzer to that!











No comments:

Post a Comment