Wednesday, July 6, 2011

7.6.11

I love a good quote, a good reading passage--anything that lights a fire inside my brain, my heart, my soul, and gives me an a-ha! moment.


I have a friend. She's brilliant. She's funny. She's outdoorsy and athletic. She's tall(er than me), has great taste in clothes, and owns the peachiest complexion dotted with the slightest of freckles that I envy.


She's also mending a broken heart.


And while my heart breaks right along with hers, mine is also filled with amazing hope for her.


You see, with this broken heart came a renewed sense of purpose; rather, it came with a renewed sense of "What the hell am I doing with my life?"


She started taking yoga classes. And then she started taking them more seriously.


And with a little bit of OM in her heart, she's taken this quest for purpose to a whole new level. 


Contemplating a professional leave of absence (or as she called it the other day, a "leave of presence," to become completely mindful of where she is), her plans may or may not include traveling, yoga retreating, answer seeking, and tea drinking. It will most definitely include soul searching, heart mending, and in-the-moment being.


So I asked her today if I could blog about her quest to replenish that emotional wealth; with her permission to do so, I stumbled upon this passage, and read it at the conclusion of my class this evening. It's message went out into the Universe, aimed directly at her. It's from one of my favs. I hope it helps to re-light her fire--she has so much to shine upon this world, and I know that she's going to discover and do great, amazing things.


"Let excitement course through you. It is vitality; it is healing, life-giving energy. It is the life force. Feel it course through your veins...It is your reward for staying committed to your process of learning and growing.


Continue to clear out old, negative feelings and outdated beliefs. Stay committed to healing and discovering your soul, even when you wonder if it's worth it. Even when you wonder where your path is going, or if it's going anywhere. Love yourself. Love others. Then love yourself some more. Love yourself until you feel the life force, this exciting new energy, course through you.


Stay committed to your growth process until you wake up one morning and ask yourself, What is that strange thing I'm feeling? Then know what the answer is. The answer is joy."


From the July 5 entry in Journey to the Heart: Daily Meditations on the Path to Freeing your Soul by Melody Beattie.

No comments:

Post a Comment