Tuesday, July 5, 2011

7.5.11

This month has made me feel rather introspective.


Or maybe I just haven't a clue as to what to write about according to "wealth." 


At any rate, I caught up on some magazines last night. If you're a mom (or an incredibly busy non-mom), you know the stack that's staring at you from last November, beckoning you to just glance at its issues.


I mean, who doesn't need to know 33 ways to cook an heirloom tomato, or 72 exercises to get healthy feet?


But I did stumble across this gem, and I'm calling it my wealth of knowledge for the day.

This comes from an article on being empowered--and my favorite aspect of the article, being fearless (Yoga Journal, June 2011).


Says Seane Corn, yogi goddess:


"[sic] Courage doesn't deny or rush past feelings of fear but lets them dissolve into trust: a deep, abiding trust that your human experience is exactly the experience you are meant to have; that you needn't feel shame or guilt for your imperfections; that you needn't grasp for something that isn't coming your way, or reject what is."


Oh what comfort this little nugget gives me; what knowledge and strength and...courage. I'm exactly where I need to be, and the things I don't get, well I wasn't meant to get them. And the things that I do receive, I welcome them with open arms. I'm not afraid. I'm empowered.


And so are you, dear reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment