Saturday, July 30, 2011

7.30.11

In my quest to DIY Will's new "Big Kid" room, I am alllllllllmost finished.


I saved money by refinishing our old dresser. The body of the dresser just needs a couple more coats of poly. Oh, and a drawer needs a little TLC. As the drawers were drying in the laundry room, a dog got a little overzealous and knocked one off the counter. It sort of came apart into two pieces. I'm hoping Greg can work his engineer magic...


Here are the drawers before (on the left) and after sanding (on the right).


Here are the drawers completely finished.


I think I'm going to want to sit in Will's room and gaze at his dresser incessantly once it's finished. I think I'm in love with it.


And then there's the bed. I opted to not sand and refinish the bed we got for free, although I tried. It was a valiant effort. Too many knobs and round surfaces to do with the electric sander (and I am all about tools that get the job done faster!).


Instead, I fashioned a headboard out of plywood, quilt backing, and fabric, and Greg fastened it to the wall. 


This kid loves his bed...


...any ideas on how to get him to sleep in it? :o) Seriously...we are looking for all helpful tips and suggestions!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment