Sunday, July 17, 2011

7.17.11

I'm not sure what it says about me--or my husband.


There we were, sitting at the Wiggles Wiggly Happy Birthday Show (or something like that), and they all came out, and everyone was clapping.


And then they did their first song. 


"Toot toot chugga chugga Big Red Car..."


The crowd went nuts. And by "crowd," I mean "parents." Singing and bopping and dancing and bouncing. There were more adult voices singing in terrible harmony than there were children. 


And then, without a whole lot of control, there were tears in my eyes.


How on earth could four goofy guys (who save millions of parents in moments of desperation, like car trips) dressed in primary colors singing about their enormous car in which they eat fruit and play guitar possibly bring me to tears? 


Oh but then I looked over, and Greg was teary too!


It was the event. The moment. This memory-producing moment.


I think it can be summed up in this quote.


"Life isn't measured in the number of breaths you take; it's measured in the moments that take your breath away." 


And this look (as the Wiggles took the stage) of pure oxygen-holding awe...well, I believe captures it all.


Memory bank can put another moment in there.

1 comment:

  1. Awwwww. You ol' softies. I totally cry at weird crap like that too. (for me it's always the opening credits of The Wizard of Oz. Why the hell would that make me cry? I have no idea. I guess memories.) GREAT picture!! Love the quote.

    ReplyDelete