Thursday, July 7, 2011

7.7.11

Will was particularly adorable today. Until he spilled the cup of water on my bedside table and that side of the room began to resemble a swimming pool.


For as many times as I told Greg during the Bounty commercial in which a kid spills an entire gallon of something that I won't yell at my kids either when they spill things because it's SO not a big deal, I yelled rather ferociously "WILL!" and that combined with my look sent him straight to the couch. When I demanded he get a towel and help me clean it up, his adorable little self said, "Okay mama, okay," and he scurried into the kitchen for a towel.


Afterward he sat himself back down on the couch and I joined him. I looked at him and said, "Will, mama just needs a hug." 


"Okay, mama hug," he said, and wrapped his little arms around my neck.


My heart melted into a mushy little pile of goo. Filled up and rich with love I most certainly was.


But then he continued. "Mama hug Byue?" he asked, handing me his coveted security blanket, Blue Bear.


"Oh thank you, I'll hug Blue, too." 


But then he continued. "Mama hug Fwog?" he asked as he handed me the frog Pillow Pal also laying on the couch. 


"I would love to," I said as I wrapped my arms around it. 


"I love you, Will." 


"I uv yu mama."

3 comments: