Friday, April 1, 2011

4.1.11

Balance.

April's intention wasn't clear upon rolling out of bed.

I went to teach a class this morning as a last-minute sub. When no one showed, I took advantage of the hot room and the empty hour all to myself and practiced. 

Not knowing what flow would evolve, on my umpteenth balancing pose (half moon), I found myself staring out the window of the doors to the studio at a tall birch tree. At that moment, I hoped a "Balance" candle was in my box. 

Lucky for me, it was!

And why not balance? I feel like that is the ultimate goal for a lot of us--balancing spouses, children, work, friends, hobbies, calories, finances, time. It really becomes more of a juggling act, doesn't it? 

The best thing about coming to this intention was the birch tree. Trees root deep. They know who they are. They weather storms. They shed their skin and renew every year. They sway, bend, and drop limbs, but rarely do they just uproot and give up. 

So as humans, as we strive to strike a balance, it's okay to wobble, and sway, and lose a little bit of ourselves to gain strength somewhere else. 

I hope that I'm balancing my posts: a little humor, a little advice, a little personal story, a little random...some fun, comfort, success...and a lot of honesty. 

I changed the look of the blog. I think it's still in progress, but I hope you find it visually appealing.

I'm a quarter of the way through this little intention project. If you're new, or forget my purpose, here is what this blog is all about. Welcome. 


2 comments: