Wednesday, April 13, 2011

4.13.11

When you are balanced, you feel sated.


Tonight, I feel sated.


I wasn't able to teach my yoga class tonight. I've lost my voice for the...third?...time this year. It's sort of fun for the work day. My kids are exceptionally quiet and attentive, and well-behaved for that matter. And then in the evening, it's absolutely no fun. 


I can't talk to Greg, I can't read books with Will, I can't yell at the dogs to stop scratching the door.


And on Mondays and Wednesdays, I can't teach yoga.


A very last minute sub was secured, and I found myself at the studio tonight, with nothing to do but, well, take the class myself.


And so I flowed, a very gentle warm flow. I let healing air pass across my vocal chords. I released the anxieties from the day. 


And then I returned home. Sated. Balanced.


I don't know why I keep losing my voice. In yogic thinking, it could be because I am speaking too much or too little satyam, or truth. I suppose it doesn't have to be actual formed words...it could be my thoughts. 


At any rate, I seem to keep catching Will's colds, and they are manifesting in my throat. My friends who are all about chakras and the like, I'd love to hear your thoughts.


Until then, I will go to bed tonight extremely content and filled to my brim.



No comments:

Post a Comment