Monday, April 11, 2011

4.11.11

I suppose this could get mushy. 


I encourage you to not judge. :o)


I have received several emails from my dear blog readers since this month's intention of "balance" was posted. 


They all say the same thing. 


How do you stay balanced? How do you fit into a day all that you do? 


I do, in fact, work two jobs. I have a kid, a house, three dogs. I work out and run and grocery shop and sit on my butt and watch Family Guy while drinking wine (hmmmm...that seems a little unbalanced, doesn't it? Family Guy and wine?).


In comparison to what women do all over the world, my day is average, perhaps even easy. 


My secret isn't really all that grand. 


It's my husband.


Greg is the best husband I personally could have asked for. He's smart--which balances out my not-so-smart moments. He's funny--which comes in handy when I get overly emotional about things only women and moms freak out about. He's handsome--I especially love him right after a hair cut--and when he smiles. He is my teammate--together we have gutted kitchens, laid bricks, built decks, taken down trees. You can't take down a tree if you don't a.) trust and b.) communicate well with the person holding the chainsaw while the tree is tied around your waist.


Most importantly he will support me in literally anything I could possibly want to do. 


Like all marriages, we have our moments. Each disagreement, each silent treatment, each exchange of words, each stomping off (ahem, these are usually brought on by me, 'tis true) ends in laughter. When we stop laughing, we'll know something is wrong.


I adore him. Plain and simple. I love him because he says things like, "We'll figure it out," "It's going to be okay," and "Let me help you." I love him because he thinks what I do is cool. I love him for every inside joke, every tear he's wiped, and every time he has said, "You're amazing," especially when I haven't believed it myself. 


I have "Oh-my-gosh-I-love-Greg-Kauffman" moments constantly. These moments are generally brought on by a 9th grade chorus memory. I looked across the risers, watching as he sang some combined holiday carol, face in a long "O" sound. I stared. I said to myself, "I wonder if you'll marry Greg Kauffman someday." No really. I did. How cheeseball is that? I mean...hello 14-year-old self, day dreaming of your wedding and walking down the aisle to "Eternal Flame." Thank goodness that didn't actually happen! (The "Eternal Flame" part, that is.)


My heart...my soul...they knew back then what I know now. 


I couldn't do any of it without him. He's my secret. He's how I stay balanced. He's the Superman to my Wonder Woman.


I hope that you, sweet blog reader, have a yin to your yang, whether it be your spouse, best friend, or whomever. We all need a support system. We all need someone to go, "Yep, you're awesome," to keep us going, to help us balance.


nicolecphotography


Don't forget to register for the giveaway here!

2 comments:

  1. I love a Greg too that sounds VERY similar to your man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic post! Didn't roll my eyes at all!

    ReplyDelete