Sunday, April 24, 2011

4.24.11

I am going to have some yoga photos taken next month, and as I plotted out which poses a.) I can do and b.) photograph well, the most prevalent component is that they are all balancing poses. 

The funny thing about balancing poses is that I often need a support to do them. 

It is said that it is easy to balance on your mat when you have struck a balance off your mat. 

And still...I need a wall. 

If I dig deep into the psychoanalysis of this fact, I think I come to the conclusion that I need a strong support system. I need to feel that I have people around me I can trust, in case I do flounder and fall and fail. But is it a fear of falling? Or a fear no one will be around to pick me up when I do? 

Clearly things I should be working through on my mat. :o) 

In the meantime, I had Greg take this the other day. Yep, there's a wall there. But I think what I love most about it is everything that's in the background. It's a true sense of me finding balance in life--and strength in that balance--in all my roles and all my facets, with my biggest support behind the lens. 



No comments:

Post a Comment