Saturday, September 3, 2011

9.3.11

After the tummy troubles last week, Will managed to catch a cold this week. Sniffles and sneezes and coughs and overall icks don't make a toddler very happy.


The fix? An impromptu banana pancakes breakfast brought joy to him. Eating with the sunlight streaming through the window brought joy to his mom.




I also had Greg hang my trash-to-treasure find. Remember when I found the half-door in my neighbor's garbage? See it here. A thorough cleaning and a couple rough coats of paint, and it's now the family memo board: a dry erase marker works great on the glass for reminders, and thumb tacks are holding up save-the-dates, birth announcements, and the best part, the projects Will is doing in school. Can't wait to cover this bad boy with Christmas cards in just a few months! Oh the joy! 




Finally, I got a little happiness in my mailbox today from a sweet, sweet friend. A little Starbucks love and a handwritten note made my hormones kick back in. But today they were tears of joy.



No comments:

Post a Comment