Thursday, September 15, 2011

9.15.11

I carried Will into his room for storytime tonight. We jumped on the bed and he was laughing about yogurt--you know, because yogurt is funny. (Especially when you're two.)


He ended up laying with his head in my lap, and it wasn't until ten minutes or so into this sweet moment that I realized he had been telling me things about his day--who he played with, what he did, what he ate--and I was suddenly very aware that I have this little boy who remembers things, and knows when things are funny, and can tell me all about them in mostly complete sentences. When did this all happen? 


Curious about our giggling, Greg found us and snapped this picture.




To add to the sweetness, Will didn't want me to read the books tonight; instead, he flipped from page to page, pointing out the things he zooms in on every night, giving me his own version of the pookie dance and the blankie that Kiki loses.


I tucked in my pint-sized complete person, wishing him sweet dreams with that vivid imagination, and paused outside the door.


That was a true joy of parenthood. 

No comments:

Post a Comment