Tuesday, September 27, 2011

9.27.11

Today was one of those superhuman mom days.


The secret to being superhuman is breathing. No really.


I spent a portion of my plan bell blogging for yogahOMe (not posted til October) about practicing in the chaos of your house: you know, trying to do yoga with pets, a toddler, and background noise that involves Wiggles music, beeping oven timers, and vibrating phones.


It's like I was foreshadowing my evening!


So I went from teaching, to bus duty (I have to put that in there, because it really means no break between finishing school and anything that happens after school), to teaching yoga, to picking up Will, to getting home, feeding Will a snack, turning on the Wiggles, making dinner, doing the dishes, sitting long enough to close my eyes and take a breath, up with the oven timer, and here I am blogging before I change my clothes (again) and head to spinning.


But at least when I come home for good this evening, dinner will be completely ready. 


And at this point in my life, I really don't think I'd have it any other way. You might say it makes me joyful. I'm still smiling, so it must be okay.


Because it really is everything that makes me happy, even if it is with just a pause here and there. As long as I'm remembering to breathe, at least I'm doing that.

1 comment:

  1. Savoring the pauses here and there are priceless and restore us to keep on changing our hats as fast as we can!

    ReplyDelete