Thursday, September 22, 2011

9.22.11

It's amazing to me how much the five senses can evoke feelings of joy as we remember pleasant memories from moments past. What memorable sensations brings you joy? Do share! Here are a few of mine.

  • The sound of high school marching band drum lines. 
  • The smell of new clothes from lululemon.
  • Reece's Cups in holiday shapes. Even better when they are in my desk drawer and consumed at 9 a.m.
  • The flutters, hiccups, kicks and punches from the little life in my belly.
  • Taking in the sights of Target's seasonal department. And then putting items into my red cart.
  • The smell of campfires and charcoal grills.
  • Catching a whiff of a perfume my mom wore growing up.
  • The smell inside Big Apple Bagel. I spent a lot of high school afternoons there drinking hot chocolate and watching a friend make bagels.
  • That post-shower feeling after a day at the beach.
  • Wearing something new to work. Anything at all: bracelet, shoes, entire outfit or bra. 
  • A greeting card in my mailbox.
  • Birthday cake frosting.
  • The sight of home after being away.
  • Flannel sheets on a cold night.
  • Family: their voices, seeing they called, reading their emails, hugging them, cooking for them, eating their food, remembering what you are a part of.

No comments:

Post a Comment