Friday, September 30, 2011

9.30.11

Will made up for the massive public temper tantrum he threw at Kroger this afternoon by being adorable during family pizza night. (As I type this, by the way, we are on incredible temper tantrum number two, but at least it's in the privacy of our house.)


Let me preface family pizza night. I was obsessed (like crazy shrieky mom obsessed) with Will eating homemade organic food and only homemade organic food up until he was about 10 months old. My mom told me she fed him lunch meat and I almost freaked out. 


The lunch meat debacle was my wake up call. It was time to have a heart-to-heart with myself. "Self," I said, "Would a hot dog every now and then destroy Will?" The answer was, of course, "No," and I relaxed quite a bit. 


This past weekend, Greg and I saw a commercial for Pillsbury biscuit dough pizzas.


I started laughing hysterically.


"You know what's so funny about this? Two years ago I would have proclaimed, 'My child will never eat processed biscuit dough pizzas for dinner!' And now I totally get it! I just watched that commercial and instead proclaimed, 'Genius! My kid will totally eat that!'" 


And so we made processed biscuit dough pizzas for dinner, complete with pre-shredded out-of-a-bag cheese, jar spaghetti sauce, and extra salty, extra bad for you pepperoni.


Will did the "one pepperoni for the pizza, one pepperoni for my tummy" trick. 


And then when the pizzas came out of the oven, we dialed Mio's and ordered cheese pizza.


The top rack pizzas were still doughy...and stuck to the wax paper. The bottom rack pizzas were black on the bottom...and perhaps had even become one with the wax paper. 


But we'll do it again. Because it was fun. Because we did it as a family. Because there were no distractions, and we got to just watch and absorb everything about the little boy who's growing up so quickly right before our eyes. 


It was one of those joyful parent moments, I suppose. And with it, the month of joy comes to a close. 


October's intention is...

No comments:

Post a Comment