Saturday, September 24, 2011

9.24.11

I feel the most spiritual joy when I am singing along at a Kirtan.


There is something about the sacred mantras sung in Sanskrit that makes my heart feel like it is going to burst from my chest. 


Tonight, Greg, Will and I all ventured to one (led by sweet soul Luna), and it was a lovely experience. Will let his little yogi self shine as we sang along. He danced, he downward dogged, and he lit up my heart a bit brighter. 


He also announced, toward the end of the meditation, "I tooted." But saying it once wasn't enough for this two-year-old. It was essential to say it over and over again, a little louder each time. 


There was definitely joy in that present moment, even if it was crude little boy potty humor. 


I was also full of goosebumps as Luna began the first song. Now, Will knows who Buddha is. He has seen his statue at every yogahOMe location and likes saying, "Hi Buddha! How you?" and often times giving him a high five. 


Today he discovered Ganesh, represented in the little elephant statue we have on a bookshelf. 


"Who dat mama?" 


"Ganesh. Can you say that?"


"Hey Ganesh! How you?"


Luna's first song tonight was a chant of Jai Ganesha. 


It brings me joy to introduce Will to all of these spiritual things that I never thought I would claim as my own. And yet here we are, high fiving Buddha and asking Ganesh how it's going. Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment