Saturday, September 17, 2011

9.17.11

Joy is a creme puff from Schmidt's in Columbus.


It was a joyful party in all three of our bellies this afternoon as we ventured to Oktoberfest Zinzinnati. 


It's a good thing the vendors never change where they are. We exit the Westin, turn right, and hit up some sauerkraut balls and creme puffs. This year, we squeezed in a soft pretzel. The baby did back handsprings in my belly it was so happy. 


Will's first true creme puff taste was also a joy. It made him so happy, he danced.


And yes, the French teacher can adore German food. My mom's maiden name is Bernhard (and this vendor is downtown every year):


And my father-in-law has always pronounced our last name "Cowfman" in true German fashion.


Next year, I'll be sure to sport a Sam Adams in one hand, a toddler in the other, and perhaps an infant on my chest. 


That will be a joy for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment