Tuesday, September 13, 2011

9.13.11

Epiphany number 1 on the day: It brings me the greatest joy in the whole wide world to teach people how to breathe. I had nine teachers sign up for my after-school yoga class, and I was able to share the joy of breathing with the five who were able to attend today. It was nothing short of miraculous to watch them lay, and breathe. You could almost feel their bogged down stressed out minds turning to piles of mushy present moment goo as they did. Glorious.


Epiphany number 2 on the day: I had the privilege to take a class with a gal I consider a mentor tonight, and it was awesome. The one doing the breathing was me, and I moved and stretched and released and sighed and reveled, with her guidance. The epiphany was how much a vigorous workout yoga class used to be my "thing." And it no longer is. I've said before I no longer like to get my arse kicked in a yoga class. I mean, I suppose we all need a little arse kicking every once in awhile. And I will teach those arse kicking classes to my students' hearts' content, but...I think I just find my rigorous workout elsewhere now, and I want my yoga practice to be this loving, slow, touching sweetness of poses. My pitta is calming--is that even possible?!?! 

1 comment:

  1. Possible, but it takes a lot to slow that freight train ;)

    ReplyDelete