Friday, September 2, 2011

9.2.11

I'll be honest. It's hard to find joy in a classroom as hot as our entire building was today. I know many schools near us were in the same boat, so I'll end my complaining there.


I was grateful for a sweet teacher who invited me to use her air conditioned room during her plan bell. So kind, really.


As I left school, ready for a long weekend full of what I hope is lots of sleep, I felt I deserved a treat for surviving. So in a snap decision I made a quick stop at McDonald's for a chocolate milkshake.


I thought about perhaps purchasing one for the car behind me as well. But then I thought, what if that person is diabetic? Or on a diet? Or lactose intolerant? Too many possibilities. So I decided that I would spread some more joy to the teacher who so graciously shared her cool room today. On Tuesday, I'll be bringing her some joyful love. 


As for that milkshake, well, it was joy in a cup. Is it bad to find joy in food? Does that signify some kind of food issue? If it's wrong, I don't want to be right. That milkshake carried me home and even made traffic okay. Must have been the whipped creme and cherry on top. Or the coldness cooling me down from the inside. Or the sheer excitement of a long weekend. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment