Wednesday, September 14, 2011

9.14.11

The amount of time I spend reading my DailyOM emails is zero.


Unless I'm stuck in traffic.


And then I break car laws and I read them. On my phone.


Today's was a gem. And it's why I'm the first to crack jokes when something horribly depressing happens. It's why, at funerals, I imagine Dane Cook doing his "Peace and peace and Reese's Pieces" bit. It sums up why I feel life is too short to be sad, dramatic, and dark. Life is meant to be lived joyfully. Here you go.


Seeing the lighter side of life allows us to delight in the joys of the world around us. While there are many issues that concern us, it is so important to think of life in positive and less dire terms, since there is often very little in our immediate surroundings that is really an emergency. Changing the way we view events through humor and play lets us relish every moment we have, and we will gain more in our lives as a result. Worry and concern will only get us so far; it is our positive outlook that usually carries us through even the darkest times. 


And then still stuck in traffic, I found these two "kids," and I laughed out loud at their love, and their joy (and their innocent cluelessness).


Be joyful friends. If you have the choice, why would you choose anything else? 



No comments:

Post a Comment