Thursday, September 1, 2011

9.1.11

Joy.


That's September's intention.


And no, there isn't a photo of the candle. I think I'll post it tomorrow night.


See, I just had another one of those pregnant lady hormone cries. For the past half hour, I've been crying...again...I'm going to go ahead and blame this one on exhaustion from adjusting to the new schedule, and the heat. With a heat index of 110 tomorrow, I think I'd like to change the intention to "Feeling Arctic." Nah...soon enough.


The thing with this intention of joy is that I really do seek it out already in each day (but clearly I'm needing it a little more in this moment). So this month I'm doing something a little different: I'll be spreading the joy to others.


Bare minimum, I will make thirty different people smile, open their hearts, and allow themselves to feel happiness. 


I have a yoga student who I got to know really well. She recently moved to St. Louis for a new everything, disguised as a new job. She has a beautiful practice, and I miss her energy dearly. Today I sent her a lululemon gift card I actually purchased for her months ago. I hope that she will go and experience the joy that is a lulu Power Y tank, or something of the sort. 


Going to blow my nose one more time, and put myself to bed. Looking forward to the next twenty-nine days of Joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment